Opening a Demat account with ICICI Bank involves a few steps. As procedures may change, it’s essential to check the latest requirements on the official ICICI Bank website or contact the bank directly.
- Visit the ICICI Bank Website: Go to the official website of ICICI Bank. Look for the ‘Demat Account’ section. There, you should find information about the account types offered and the application process.
- Fill the Online Application Form: Complete the online application form provided on the ICICI Bank website. You may need to provide personal details, contact information, PAN (Permanent Account Number), Aadhar Card, and other KYC (Know Your Customer) documents.
- Submit KYC Documents: You will likely need to submit certain documents as part of the KYC process. Commonly required documents include a passport-sized photograph, proof of identity (PAN card, Aadhar card, passport), proof of address (utility bills, Aadhar card, passport), and a canceled cheque.
- Verification Process: After submitting the application and documents, ICICI Bank will initiate the verification process. This may involve a representative contacting you for further details or verifying your documents.
- In-Person Verification (IPV): Some institutions may require an In-Person Verification (IPV), where a representative visits your residence to verify the documents. Alternatively, you may be asked to visit an ICICI Bank branch for IPV.
- Sign the Agreement: Once your application is approved, you will be required to sign an agreement with ICICI Bank. Read the terms and conditions carefully before signing.
- Receive Your Demat Account Details: After completing all the formalities, you will receive your Demat account details, including the account number and other relevant information.
- Access Your Demat Account: ICICI Bank usually provides online access to your Demat account. You can log in using the credentials provided and manage your investments online.
- Link Your Trading Account (if applicable): If you also want to trade stocks, you may need to link your Demat account with a trading account. ICICI Bank often offers integrated Demat and trading accounts.
Remember to verify the current requirements and procedures on the official ICICI Bank website or by contacting their customer support